Maria Murtaza joined Woodlands Dental Practice in September 2019, and is a qualified Dental Hygienist having completed her training at Cardiff University School of Dentistry.
She has had considerable clinical
training and experience, having worked in numerous dental clinics and hospitals. Maria believes in the importance of taking the time to find the root cause of any fears a patient may have prior to any treatment and excels at alleviating patient anxieties, with a calm, reassuring demeanour that has made her skilled for patients with severe oral sensitivity or phobias about dental visits.
As a Hygienist Maria can perform the following:
- Undertake supragingival & subgingival scaling and root surface debridement
- Periodontal examination and monitor periodontal disease
- Administer local anaesthetic
- Take Radiographs
- Take impressions
- Apply topical treatments and fissure sealants
- Place temporary dressings and re-cement crowns with temporary cement
- Teeth whitening to the prescription of a dentist
- Airflow polish to help remove extrinsic stains, returning teeth to their natural
- Provide preventive oral hygiene advice
Providing exceptionally high standard of patient care and establishing long-lasting and trusting relationships is important to Maria.
In her free time, Maria likes to go to the gym, travel and spend time with friends and family.